Re: Userid's/Passwords and Application Development

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2003 10:40:02 -0700

Just a couple notes on what I've observed here.

First, I don't appreciate the flames happening from what I posted. Second, I'm not their manager. Third, I was a developer before being a DBA. Four, I'm trying to gather information and support to try to change this behavior. Five, Management has known and seems to condone this behavior. Six, I'm asking because I know I could hack the databases here. Heck, I've been at this company for just over two years and I just found out that there's an Oracle DB implemented out the field being tended to by users, well guess what, I hacked it right off the back, too me maybe 2 seconds.

I thought I'd ask what I did to try get a concensus of what I'm trying to change the DB security to is how others in this industry handle their DB security.

Disgusted,
Pete's