Re: Quick check...

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 06:49:14 GMT

"Nuno Souto" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:73e20c6c.0307131728.44b22228_at_posting.google.com...
> Just tell me I'm not imagining things...
>
> 8.1.7.4, Windoze.
> When I do:
>
> create view zot_v as
> select * from zot
> where status in ('A','R')
> with read only;
>
> there is no way to verify from the dictionary
> that the view was created as read-only. Other
> than the fact that *all* columns are not updatable.
>
> IOW, there is no flag set anywhere in the dictionary
> that indicates this was a read-only view.
> Right? Or am I missing the obvious?
>
> Cheers and TIA
> Nuno Souto
> wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam

kinda correct .. from what I've looked around:

user_updatable_columns will mark the view as non-updateable/non-insertable/non-deletable if created "with read only" option (but I guess you already know this).
Also, if you drill down further: sys.view$ will mark the property value as 16384 (bitand -> YES ... probably to mark it as read only).
Apart from this I do not see anywhere where this info can be obtained from.

HTH Anurag Received on Mon Jul 14 2003 - 01:49:14 CDT