How to locate the password file?

From: Jeffrey Yee <jeffyee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Jun 2003 19:26:28 -0700

Hi,

May I know how do I locate the password file for a database? I'm able to query the v$pwfile_users, and it shows a few users that has the sysdba & sysoper privileges.

Just in case I can't locate it, would it be ok for me to create a new password file? I have a few concerns regarding this: 1. Will the database be smart enough to read from the latest password file?
2. If yes to question 1, do I need to shutdown and startup the database to take effect?

Please advice. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Jeffrey Received on Mon Jun 30 2003 - 21:26:28 CDT