Re: Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 & oci.h

From: Ollivier Robert <roberto_at_REMOVETHIS.eu.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:26:52 +0000 (UTC)

In article <E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA703D0B1A4_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk>, Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote:
> OCI on the server is a real nightmare - if you have not installed
> client.

On a Solaris client too.

> I'm not sure what a client install (by itself) does on the server, but
> after my own installs on Dec Alpha and HP boxes, oci.h, and most of the
> files it #includes can be found in rdbms/demo but ONE of the other files
> it #includes is found in rdbms/public.

I know where the files are supposed to be and when I last installed a Linux client, OCI was an optional package and it installed fine.

On the Solaris client CDs, there's no mention at all in the installer about OCI (except the JDBC part) even though you can find a mention of it in the packages.jar and on the 3rd CD, I was able to find the oracle.rdmbms.demo packages and the much-needed files.

That sucks.

--
Ollivier ROBERT   -=- Eurocontrol EEC/AMI -=-   roberto_at_eurocontrol.fr
Usenet Canal Historique                   FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!