Re: NULLS FIRST option in CREATE INDEX?

From: Alanoly J. Andrews <alanolya_at_invera.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2003 06:49:30 -0700

janik_at_pobox.sk (Jan) wrote in message news:<81511301.0306182359.6bcd71e6_at_posting.google.com>...
> No artificial values or keys in the previous example.
> It is just function-based index (FBI)which is provided by Oracle for
> such reasons
> (e.g. if you have in WHERE a function on the column). You will not
> create an extra column on the table!!!
>
> If is good or not to use FBI, I would not say Yes or No, depends on
> the situation. The original question was if that is possible in the
> index itself to have NULL FIRST, so I`m saying YES - by using FBI.
>

> Jan

Hi Jan,

I am the original poster who wanted to avoid a sort in retrieving and ordering values with nulls first. Your idea of using FBI's is the first workable solution that I've received and could be used within my application. Thanks very much.

Alanoly Andrews. Received on Fri Jun 20 2003 - 08:49:30 CDT