Re: loadjava: JAR with long package names

From: bung ho <bung_ho_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2003 10:15:32 -0700

"Ralf Jonas" <scraponly_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bcpn54$m5qqm$1_at_ID-6634.news.dfncis.de>...
> Hi,
>
> I now tried to load the JAR file with the resolve-option set. This results
> in a job that tries to resolve more than 1800 classes and it really takes
> days to complete on a fast 4 CPU HP machine.

1800 classes in one jar? wow. to be frank, i try to use java-inside-oracle only as a last resort, and then only for relatively small stuff. if your application is that big you may want to reconsider your architecture.

> I wonder if there's really no way to put such big JARs in an external
> classpath.
>
> Ralf

if there is a way to use external jars, i don't know of it. i'm pretty sure oracle uses a custom classloader in the aurora jvm that does not provide any support for it. Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 12:15:32 CDT