Re: loadjava: JAR with long package names

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2003 13:15:05 -0700

"Ralf Jonas" <scraponly_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bcpn54$m5qqm$1_at_ID-6634.news.dfncis.de>...
> Hi,
>
> I now tried to load the JAR file with the resolve-option set. This results
> in a job that tries to resolve more than 1800 classes and it really takes
> days to complete on a fast 4 CPU HP machine.

Hmmm.. Shouldn't take that long. Oracle's default resolver should only search definers schema and PUBLIC. Maybe you can add an extra switch -resolver and then try again. e.g. assuming you are loading under your schema,

loadjava -resolve -resolver "((* RALF)(* PUBLIC))"

> I wonder if there's really no way to put such big JARs in an external
> classpath.

Oracle's equivalent to external classpath is the database schema where the classes are loaded. Conventional jvm searches for class objects in JAR and ZIP files specified under classpath, Oracle's jvm searches for the class objects under database schema e.g. RALF and then under PUBLIC for standard java.* packages. So schema RALF is like a big JAR file. Oracle's jvm does not look at external classpath.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 15:15:05 CDT