Re: Pragma Restrict_References Question.

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:13:32 +0200

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:44:37 GMT, "Bill Lucas" <Homebrew42_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>We have a project currently in development (our first Oracle project
>actually).

Then you should learn two things now:
1 Always post your version
2 Always read the manual before posting. In 8i and higher this pragma is obsolete.

So this leads to the assumption for your *first* project you are using an obsolete and prehistoric version like 8.0 or, God forbid, 7.3, which both have been desupported several years ago.

Also: using a function with embedded selects in a select is just asking for performance trouble and a non-scalable application.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 12:13:32 CDT