Re: imp hangs then ora-3113 error

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:42:02 GMT

I had a similar problem when trying to import (IMP) a table containing a column defined as nested table object along with the original records. I could not demonstrate the real cause, but if found a workaround by populating the nested table at a later time (not during IMP). My guess is that Oracle failed to re-create the constraint between the nested table and the parent table, owing to a naming duplicate or something alike.
I don't know if you have any nested tables defined, but if yes, you might want to consider subdividing the import into two stages.

Bye,
Flavio Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 15:42:02 CDT