imp hangs then ora-3113 error

From: richie <richchri_at_erols.com>
Date: 16 Jun 2003 07:18:31 -0700

Every now and then I have this problem where i can't import anything any longer into the database. It will just hang at the same spot. Then eventually come back with an error shown below. In the past restarting the database would clear up the issue and the import would work. However, restarting the database doesn't appear to help anylonger. There are no errors in the alert<sid>.log or any other log that I can find. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this issue is really starting to get on my nerves! Thanks in advance for your help.

. . importing table "ACCESS_FLAGS"

                                                            4 rows
imported

. . importing table "BILL_DETAIL_MAP"
40 rows imported
. . importing table "BILL_SECTIONS"
7 rows imported
. . importing table "BROWSER_OPTIONS"
9 rows imported
. . importing table "BUTTON_WEIGHT"
30 rows imported
. . importing table "CALL_RECORDS_200305_1"
IMP-00058: ORACLE error 3113 encountered ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel IMP-00058: ORACLE error 3114 encountered
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 09:18:31 CDT