Re: About Oracle9iAS

From: M <noreply_at_noreply.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:27:04 +0800

Thanks. I understand that Oracle is a little bit weak in client applications,
esp. in Forms & Reports, not to mention Oracle Graphics. However, quite a lot of appls still run using Oracle Forms, e.g. Oracle Financials. That's why I need to learn this "tech", no matter I like it or not.

BTW, will it be tedious to use Java to design front-end forms? It seems to me that every object on the form need to be defined explicitly including the events, event listener, etc. Isn't it?

Just asking. Some other might think this is not the right place to discuss Java.

Thanks anyway.

"Burton Peltier" <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:pHgHa.11388$wt2.10059_at_fe10.atl2.webusenet.com...
> We struggled with this one too. It does appear that the only way to deploy
> web enabled forms is to run Forms Server using Oracle9iAS . And,
Oracle9iAS
> requires the "infrastructure" database in order to run the option to run
the
> Forms Server.
>
> We don't have that much forms , instead of installing all this overhead ,
we
> decided to move away from Forms to running Java or something else. I am
not
> in the group that maintains the forms and haven't checked in a while.
>
> But, running forms via a browser is definitely out.
>
> --
>
> "M" <someone_at_microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It seems (not sure) that 9iAS may be required to web-deploy forms.
Since