Re: About Oracle9iAS

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:59:06 +0300

"M" <noreply_at_noreply.com> wrote in message news:bck6tp$2vu1$1_at_news.hgc.com.hk...
> Thanks. I understand that Oracle is a little bit weak in client
> applications,
> esp. in Forms & Reports, not to mention Oracle Graphics. However,
> quite a lot of appls still run using Oracle Forms, e.g. Oracle Financials.
> That's why I need to learn this "tech", no matter I like it or not.

Hi!

Actually forms is a very powerful user interface tool/language, it doesn't look nice, but it allows to increase productivity of GUI users, if built and deployed correctly. Of course, now web technnologies allow to build as powerful UI-s, but forms will remain around for long time, especially because E-Business Suite (although they've moved parts of their applications to SSF, html-based self service framework)

Tanel. Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 05:59:06 CDT