Re: About Oracle9iAS

From: Burton Peltier <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 05:18:55 -0500

We struggled with this one too. It does appear that the only way to deploy web enabled forms is to run Forms Server using Oracle9iAS . And, Oracle9iAS requires the "infrastructure" database in order to run the option to run the Forms Server.

We don't have that much forms , instead of installing all this overhead , we decided to move away from Forms to running Java or something else. I am not in the group that maintains the forms and haven't checked in a while.

But, running forms via a browser is definitely out.