Re: password

From: Scott Mattes <Scott_at_TheMattesFamily.ws>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:58:17 GMT

O, here come the flames!

Why not version 9 (probably something to do with it being a 1G plus download.

Why didn't you read the docs that came with it. Probably because it isn't obvious where they are or what to look for. Go to tahiti.oracle.com, select the 817 link and look for 'password'. You will eventually need the passwords for the SYS and SYSTEM (now, what are those names all about) users, but not right away.

First you have to create a user, or you can use the SCOTT demo user (password is TIGER).