out of memory error

From: Anand <hsanand13_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2003 01:47:21 -0700

When I startup my Oracle 9i Database Server on Windows 2K Advanced Server,
I get a <b>"out of memory"</b> error although I have only 1.8GB ( out of 4GB ) of Ram for SGA. I have ensured that there is no other application running on my Database Server... Can anyone throw some light on the Resons behind this error as well as the Remedy for this error...
Thanks
Bhupinder Mohan Singh Kapoor Received on Sat Jun 07 2003 - 03:47:21 CDT