Re: How to select within a time range

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 10:02:46 +0200

On 6 Jun 2003 22:43:09 -0700, ramon_at_conexus.net (Ramon F Herrera) wrote:

>In Unix, I would convert all the dates to seconds, before checking
>to see if a particular date falls inside the range, but how should
>I do this in SQL? Should I change everything to seconds?

You would need to understand a DATE column contains minutes and seconds and a second is just a fraction of a day. Hence you can subtract and compare them and nothing of the above is necessary.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Jun 07 2003 - 03:02:46 CDT