Re: out of memory error

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2003 20:08:58 -0700

hsanand13_at_yahoo.com (Anand) wrote in message news:<8324cc14.0306070047.4e4538f4_at_posting.google.com>...
> When I startup my Oracle 9i Database Server on Windows 2K Advanced
> Server,
> I get a <b>"out of memory"</b> error although I have only 1.8GB ( out
> of 4GB ) of Ram for SGA. I have ensured that there is no other
> application running on my Database Server...
> Can anyone throw some light on the Resons behind this error as well as
> the Remedy for this error...
> Thanks
> Bhupinder Mohan Singh Kapoor

is that 9.0.1 or 9.2 - I don't believe that large memory was supported in 9.0.1.

are you certain that you have properly enabled the kernel parameter "/3GB" in the boot.ini? check metalink or MS Technet for articles discussing this setting.

did you disable the OS file cache?
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/win.920/a95491/tuning.htm#1007481

please refer to the following note on metalink: http://metalink.oracle.com
Doc ID: Note:46001.1