Re: How do you set up shared server connecttion?

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:23:15 GMT

peter_at_nomorenewsspammin.ca said...
> Suppose you want to set up shared server connecttion.
> I know you have to include the Dispatcher parameter in the init file,
> but do you have to shutdown and restart your instance.
> What other parameters do you need to set? What other ora files do you
> need to modify? Sure, I read the manual already.
>
> Thanks

Glad to hear you've read the manual; that's a great first step. Apparently you didn't find your answer. Maybe you'll have better luck over at the AskTom site, where Tom explains this in detail (URL will wrap):

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:1090762::NO::F4950_P8 _DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:5414746274062,

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA