Re: Default listening port

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:31:36 GMT

damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com said...
> Peter wrote:
>
> > The listener uses the port 1521 by default. Is there a parameter that
> > can be changed so that it uses another port by default?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> If you change it the new value is not the default. How could it be?
>
> The port is specified in listener.ora and tnsnames.ora
>
> Just change them.
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

Hi Peter,

I've seen your postings a couple of (many) times. It's good that you're a curious fellow. Perhaps it's time for you to discover a really cool, extensive resource that fills in many of the gaps in the manuals (like with examples). Head over to http://asktom.oracle.com whenever you have a question that you can't find the answer for in the manuals ... and have a go at the search feature on Tom's site. I think you'll find more than enough reading to keep you occupied for the next century ... well, maybe only a decade. And when you finish reading everything Tom has to offer, I'll bet you can find even more stuff at Google Groups. Before you know it, you'll be as old as I am ... but you'll be millions of times smarter than I am. I don't have a century left to read. <g>

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA