Division by zero: how to handle?

From: Georg Scholz <georg.scholz_at_vienna.at>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:20:29 GMT

Dear all,

This might look like a simple question, but I didn't find a clue in the manuals:

Is there a way to handle divisions by zero?

SELECT a / b FROM ...

Problem: When some record produces a division by zero, then the SQL statements STOPS and no more records are delivered. When posting the statement via ADO, then I get an error message.

--> So: Is there some function like "NVL" to handle divions by zero ?
(e.g. the expression it should deliver NULL or some other value)

Any hint is highly appreciated
Thank you
Georg Scholz

---