Re: Division by zero: how to handle?

From: Georg Scholz <georg.scholz_at_vienna.at>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:29:59 GMT

A followup to my posting:

I know I could write some code like

    decode (a, 0, 0, b/a)

But in my case, this wouldn't work, because the expression in the select statement is built at runtime:
Users enter a formula like "$1+$2/($3+$4)) which is then translated to SQL (Variabes are replaced by fields)

So hopefully there is some simple oracle way to handle Dib by Zero. (Else, I would need to write a complete expression parser... :-( )

--
Georg Scholz
www.scholz-informatik.at