Re: URGENT Can you convert SQL Stored Proceedures to Oracle?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 25 May 2003 08:38:08 -0500

On Sun, 25 May 2003, mgogala_at_adelphia.net wrote:

> Migration Workbench is an excellent product and I'm not aware of any
> corruption issues. I am very interested in examples of such corruption
> that you might have.

We also used it quite successfully. We had to do it many times until we got everything working on Oracle, but now the application that was previously running against SQLServer executes against Oracle. Tuning it was also a known must.

Maybe the issue is really expectations. Management needs to know it isn't a silver bullet. Getting it working and tested on Oracle is only the first step. It is a very helpful product but don't think it will take a day or so.

--
Galen deForest Boyer