Re: Oh, this is so microsoftish ...

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 13:04:27 +0200

On Sun, 25 May 2003 07:37:26 GMT, Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net> wrote:

>Do I detect a little bit of racism here? I'm a Croatian working in the US and
>some of the Indians working with me are top notch. I really mind when
>some small-minded a*hole calls them monkeys. Who are monkeys? Is everybody
>with slightly different skin a monkey? How about hair and eye colors?
>Do you have religious preferences as well?

You fully misunderstood me: I was objecting against the 'it's not in our system, so it can't happen' attitude, which I noticed in people originating from India working in the UK and this support analyst. This type of attitude was confirmed to me be several other Dutch people: the book they've last read is considered as gospel, and anything not in that book simply isn't true. And those Indians (non-  personnel) working in the UK: They must have been trained to deny all bugs, because it will ultimately result in lawsuits. General attitude: if in doubt just deny there's a problem, and cover ur ass.

I don't like being labeled as a racist, and I think the recent history of the Croatian people shows they would better keep their mouth shut on this issue.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun May 25 2003 - 06:04:27 CDT