Re: Oh, this is so microsoftish ...

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 07:37:26 GMT

On Sat, 24 May 2003 14:54:32 +0200, Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> I can. They seem to have moved to India. There will be a day when they
> simply dump the Dutch support group and have everything answered by
> cover your ass trained monkeys from India.

Do I detect a little bit of racism here? I'm a Croatian working in the US and some of the Indians working with me are top notch. I really mind when some small-minded a*hole calls them monkeys. Who are monkeys? Is everybody with slightly different skin a monkey? How about hair and eye colors? Do you have religious preferences as well?

> I will regret that day.
> In order to allow for those trained monkeys to deal with your support
> issues, they now have livechat facilities and facilities to take over
> your client PC. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
> Frankly, when you have one instance running MTS with explicit ports,
> and you have second instance with the same explicit ports (because you
> forgot to change them) and the second instance is *taking over* the
> ports, so the enduser connects to instance A and gets connected to
> instance B, I have to consider that a serious *bug*. The trained
> monkey on the other end of the line didn't, because you can allocate a
> port only once.

Well, with your kind of attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if you ran into a little bit of resistance. After all, you don't strike me as the nicest human being on this planet and that probably doesn't serve you well when you want to elicit help. It does serve you right, though.

> He also addressed me with my surname only.
> A truly nasty experience.

There is such thing as a different culture, you know. They might have different conventions during a conversation. That is still not enough to brand them as "monkeys". Using your last name only was probably not meant as an insult to your majesty. After all, he was just a monkey, wasn't he?

--
Mladen Gogala
Software is like sex, it is better when it is free.