Re: Oracle doesn't shutdown

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 05:40:43 +1000

"Tony B" <gufly_at_yahooDOT.coDOT.UK> wrote in message news:ba8mk2$l7u$1_at_newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Ive had less problems with oracle on Mandrake 9.1 than what I have with
> redhat 8 and redhat 9 which are certified.

Things change so quickly, I could well be wrong. But I think you'll find that Oracle is actually only certified for RH Advanced Server these days, which is neither 8 nor 9. And I'm pretty certain it definitely isn't certified for RH9, because the damn thing simply never works.

I'm surprised you had trouble with RH8, though. Apart from an installation glitch at the 86% of the linking phase, which is easy enough to fix by editing one makefile, I haven't had any issues at all with it.

I used to like Mandrake too, but it suffers from a couple of problems. One is the company is bust.

Regards
HJR Received on Sun May 18 2003 - 14:40:43 CDT