Re: 9i RAC External shared hard disks

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:12:10 +1000

"Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm pretty sure that as long as CFS is at the 'front' of the spare disk
> you're OK. In may case its currently the whole 120G second drive, but
> I'm pretty sure I started with just a 10G CFS, with the remaining 110G
> used under standard NTFS (but not for the rac obviosuly)

Well, I tried that to destruction, with a free disk partition at the front, middle and end of a disk, and it made not the slightest difference, which is why (regarding your other post) 'spare disk space' doesn't equal 'spare disk'.

If you really managed to pull off a 'spare disk space' install, I'd love to know how you did it... 'cos in three months of trying, I never did.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 17:12:10 CDT