Re: Problem with Export/Import

From: osy45 <member18536_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 05:17:47 +0000

there is a known bug with exp direct=y and large tables or sometimes tables with lob objects and it is not fixed even in 9i afaik

possibly the following might work
exp user/pwd_at_sid rows=n
imp user/pwd_at_sid1
you are getting the schema with no data
and then
imp user/pwd_at_sid1 datafile which was exported using direct ignore=y but I'm not quite sure

metalink recommends using direct=n and a large buffer size

the server where the exp was done was configured usascii and the server where imp was issued we8iso8859p1 this will do no harm as usasii is a subset of we8iso8859p1