9i DB Link to 8.0.6

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 May 2003 18:09:08 -0700

Hi all:

Initial info, 2 servers running AIX, Server A is AIX 5.1 with Database A running Oracle 9.2.0.1, Server B has AIX 4.3.3 with Database B running Oracle 8.0.6.3.

Anyone know if it's possible to create a database link in Database A to point to Database B? Next question, if I used an 8i listener for the 8.0.6 db, would the database link in work? Next question, would Oracle Hetergenous Serverices need to be used in this configuration? An iTAR was created regarding this, Oracle basically said it was possible to have the link from Database A to B, but did not give details pointed us in the direction of Client Version Support and SCL the tar. Anyone have a DB link working like this?

I was able to get the 9.2 client to connect to the 8.0.6 DB and successfully query tables. But, I have been unable to use a DB link in Database A that points to Database B.

TIA,
Pete's

The views I may have expressed here are soley my own and not that of my employer(s). Received on Mon May 12 2003 - 20:09:08 CDT