Re: Statistics for comp.databases.oracle.server - WE 05/11/2003

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 12 May 2003 17:10:01 -0700

Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow> wrote in message news:<rh9vbv4r3qenvo43rvrbl2gdn1bmch4u8h_at_4ax.com>...

> Considering how many of us use bogus email addresses, that would
> probably yield a less 'user friendly' report.

Well, I use the same bogus email address. It just gets two real names assigned to it, depending on if I'm posting from google or my ISP. Due to work restrictions, I have to use a real name there....

> And considering how much junk mail I recieve, I wonder how effective
> bogus addresses are in reducing junk e-mail. I'm still trying to
> figure out how so much stuff finds its way to my work address.

Bogus email addresses are effective at reducing spam gathered from newsgroups. Unfortunately, they can't do anything about your own ISP supplying your email to the spammers. And believe me: that is cause number 1 for all the spam I get.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Mon May 12 2003 - 19:10:01 CDT