Re: VLDB Question

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 21:18:32 +1000

"Simon Adebisi" <omar_adebisi_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f1e58c26.0305071116.7c2e0835_at_posting.google.com...
> Nuno:
>
> I would offer gratitude for your reply but, realising it was only sent
> to publicly offend and ridicule me, I'd suggest you sod off. This was
> a serious query which was attempting to solicit constructive,
> informative feedback on VLDB's.

Actually Nuno never ridicules people here. He was being constructive if you could but see it.

You said that you wanted to create a very large database for 2GB of incoming data. 2GB is peanuts, unless you meant '2GB per hour' or something similar... in which case, the issue is the clarity of your original post.

As for the substantive question, the create database command is:

create database BLAH
datafile '/bing/bong/system01.dbf' size 250M autoextend on logfile group 1 '/bong/bing/log1a.rdo' size 10M,

           group 2 '/bong/bing/log2a.rdo' size 10M;

With a bazillion optional extras always possible.

There is no specific syntax for creating a very large database, which is a matter of rather configuring datafiles and redo logs appropriately, rather than creating the database in a specific or special way.

HJR Received on Thu May 08 2003 - 06:18:32 CDT