Re: O/S-Error: (OS 5) Access is denied.

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 22:53:44 +0200

On Wed, 7 May 2003 20:09:48 +0000 (UTC), tongli_at_unagi.cis.upenn.edu (Tong Li) wrote:

>Thanks for you input.
>I tried to use the mapped drive, it didn't work out.
>What I did:
> Mapped it to G drive.
> Created a new directory named arc.
> alter system set log_archive_dest_2='LOCATION=g:\arc';
>
>I got error message:
>ORA-09291: sksachk: invalid device specified for archive destination
>OSD-04018: Unable to access the specified directory or device.
>O/S-Error: (OS 3) The system cannot find the path specified.
>
>Thanks,
>Tina

You really can't do this. You would need to have domain administrator privilege to that drive. Even if you would get it working it is a dangerous move, as you are going to make your database dependent of a networked drive: it is likely going to hurt performance and if that drive will crash,at it's best your database is going to freeze, if it doesn't crash completely.
I stronly urge you to reconsider this configuration, unless you are looking for a different job.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 15:53:44 CDT