Re: Full table scans

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 6 May 2003 11:48:22 -0700

"Telemachus" <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net> wrote in message news:<zsOta.12035$pK2.15833_at_news.indigo.ie>...
> Here it is :
>
> sqlplus sys/xxxxx
>
> truncate table sys.tab$;
> truncate table sys.col$;
> truncate table sys.seg$;
> rollback work ; < snigger >
> exit;
>
> if that's not the worst possible sql statement(s) ever

Naw, not even close. Think how much worse something that slowly spreads corruption through the data would be. Then you can't even reliably recover... bwahahaha. I think the worst would be that which randomizes values such that it takes the maximum time for users to notice.

Now, why does this sound like normal software problems?

To be _really_ bad, it would have to be on something that gets audited by the government and looks like it was done on purpose by an insider.

Warning: Don't try this at work - joke only! And some people don't have a sense of humor about their accounting!

> <Warning : don't try this at home - joke only >
> "Kalle" <kminerva_at_jippii.fi> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > how I am able to locate the worst possible sql-statements from sga..
> >
> > Merci Beaucoup...
> >
> > Kalle

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Dedicated to overthrowing the government by humorous means.  Even