OCI Internal error - Help!!!!!!!

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:52:57 +0100

I did some more testing and then logged a TAR with Oracle as this fault is interfering with some testing I'm doing here. It appears that the bugs I mentioned earleier are solved in 9i release 2 (9.2.0.1) and that this is a new problem :

<QUOTE>
Here is the analysis of the trace file : Error :
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kposcws0], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
Current SQL statement for this session:
select rownum, dat, seq, amt, 'hello' from gli_post where rownum < :me Call Stack Trace :
ksedmp ksfdmp kgerinv kgesinv ksesin kposcws kposcwr kposcf opifch2 opiall0 kpoal8 opiodr

And this poinst to Bug 2763032 :
Abstract: OERI:[KPOSCWS0] possible from OCIStmtFetch2() Fixed-Releases: A000
Details:
ORA-600 [kposcws0] can occur when using OCIStmtFetch2() Workaround : None

The fix is included in Oracle10i but backport to Oracle9i Release 2 is possible. Of course, it should be on top of 9.0.2.3.0. Currently there are fixes for Linux and Solaris (32-bit).

I will ask my colleagues from OCI competency group to handle this SR and help you to get a fix for HP-UX on top of 9.2.0.3. </QUOTE>

So it looks like I need to upgrade to at least 9.2.0.3 and then wait for the patch to be backported form 10i in order to fix this problem. Unless of course, we switch to Linux :o)

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator