Re: Error running eomapp dbstudio in RedHat 8 and Oracle 9iR2

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 05:56:22 +1000

Can I suggest (1) tht instead of DBA Studio you do 'oemapp console' and run the console without logging in to a management server. I rather thought DBA Studio was deprecated in 9i, and a management-server-less console was its functional equivalent.

(2) Don't log in as SYSTEM as SYSDBA. System is not a privileged user, but merely a very powerful ordinary one. SYS is the privileged user, so it should be SYS as SYSDBA. Your connection might work if you have O/S authentication set up, because that means you could type Fred&Ginger as SYSDBA and still be authenticated properly, but it's bad practice, and you should get to know the difference between SYS and SYSTEM as soon as possible.

Regards