Re: Error running eomapp dbstudio in RedHat 8 and Oracle 9iR2

From: Ron Reidy <rereidy_at_indra.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:55:13 -0600

See below ...

Trent wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> After logging on as user oracle, I started Oracle DBAStudio (oemapp
> dbastudio). I connected to my oracle database using system as sysdba.
> I got this error (ORACLE not available) when I tried to select any

Is your instance started? From oerr:

$ oerr ora 1034
01034, 00000, "ORACLE not available"

// *Cause: Oracle was not started up. Possible causes include the following:
//         - The SGA requires more space than was allocated for it.
//         - The operating-system variable pointing to the instance is
//           improperly defined.
// *Action: Refer to accompanying messages for possible causes and correct
//          the problem mentioned in the other messages.
//          If Oracle has been initialized, then on some operating systems,
//          verify that Oracle was linked correctly. See the platform
//          specific Oracle documentation.