Recovery from files only (not backup)

From: Mo Abbouchi <mabbouchi_at_alionscience.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:25:20 +0000 (UTC)

We did not have a regular backup and the last backup is more than a month old. this is a development environment.

Last week, the server crushed, so the Server Administrator copied all the oracle files to a tape.

using Oracle 8.1.7

We re-installed Oracle, and we like to restore whatever we can from the files that was copied not from the last backup.

what should we do??? can we do it???

Thanks
Mo