Word to Oracle via VBA

From: Ellie Smarandache <esmarandache_at_tucsonelectric.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2003 11:16:35 -0700

I need to put together some code that will allow me to open a certain Word 2002 document. At the opening time I will enter a work request number. Then Word, without asking anything else from me, should be able to connect to an existing Oracle database, go to a specific table in that database, retrieve that work request number and bring back a few other fields for that work request. It should display those fields in the open Word document. Then I should be able to type some more on that document, print and save it.

I am having problems, right from the beginning: connecting from Word to Oracle. The connection string I would use in Access - VBA to connect to Oracle just does not work in Word.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. Received on Mon Apr 07 2003 - 13:16:35 CDT