Re: And the correct answer is?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 00:56:50 GMT

Mark Townsend wrote:

> The entire point of this thread has escaped me - can somebody please
> enlighten me to the initial intent ? Was the rather obvious syntax error
> deliberate or not ?

Unfortunately the syntax error (requesting a ascending order sort, but not identifying which data to sort) was a beginner's level error.

The original intent seems to have been start a flame fest by asking the group whether the following OCP question is a trick question. This is my interpretation of the intent because the relevant syntax is usually taught in the second hour of an "Intro to SQL" course, and is easiily verified in less than 2 minutes with appropriate access to any SQL-supporting database manager.

Does your stat's report have the ability to filter flame wars?

/Hans Received on Sat Apr 05 2003 - 18:56:50 CST