Re: Oracle: Naked King in database land?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2003 18:11:48 -0800

wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au (Nuno Souto) wrote in message news:<73e20c6c.0304031600.6fefaf81_at_posting.google.com>...
> Mark.Powell_at_eds.com (Mark D Powell) wrote in message news:<2687bb95.0304030625.7652dfcc_at_posting.google.com>...

> > would appreciate just what an improvement it was. Vi is a plan text
> > file editor and is very good for that. It is not suitable for writing
> > term papers. The right tool for the right job.
>
> Precisely.

Frankly, when I have to write large amounts of technical docs for all the DBA stuff that hasn't been kept up to date :-O , I find it most efficient to blast it in with vi, then import and tart it up in whatever format the customer wants. The second part is when I do the final editing anyways, it helps to have a literal fresh view. Of course, my wetware shpieling chick is better than those frustrating GUI tools that are always trying to change case or otherwise be two-timing helpful.

> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam

So is Dark Side Of The Moon secretly dumping your brain? :-)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
For those who don't get the last joke, you need to play that album