Re: Oracle: Naked King in database land?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: 04 Apr 2003 09:40:02 GMT

Following up on Mikito Harakiri, 04 Apr 2003:

> I came to Unix from MSWindows. The developer tools unfriendlines was
> amaizing.

Have you ever used a Unix-based IDE? Or you just venting your total ignorance? Do you realize the gui-based IDE appeared in Unix LONG before it ever existed in Windoze?

> On the top of that was -- you guess it -- vi. Now it's somewhat
> changing with [portable] Java Swing based tools, like JBuilder.

You gotta be joking. Have you ever worked with JDeveloper?

> Still, they
> have a lot to catch up (I have in mind something like Source Insight -- the
> GUI is just fantastic). I'm in the wrong newsgroup to seek for a sympathy,
> of course -- GUI was never oracle strength:-(

Hang on a tick there: from your dislike of Unix and vi you jump to "Oracle not being strong on gui"? Hehehe! Right............

> What is character manipulator? Does an editor with regular expr
> search&replace function qualify for character manipulator?

True regular expression, please. Not the abortions you see in Windoze.

> You aren't new to newsgroup, aren't you? A posting about oracle beeing

I think you are very new to this group..... With an old argument, BTW.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto