Re: Adding Comments to a User ID ?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 01:10:12 GMT

Richard Elliott wrote:

> I would like to maintain some contact info(Name, Company, Dept etc)
> for each user id I set up. I don't see any comments support on the
> create user command. Is there any other way to comment a user, other
> than creating a table ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!

Personally always used a table.

If you want to avoid that, consider looking at Oracle 'enterprise' LDAP directory. IIRC you can include that kind of info. And IIRC it will interwork with other directories such as MS Active Directory, iPlanet LDAP, etc.

/Hans Received on Mon Mar 31 2003 - 19:10:12 CST