Re: Purchase query

From: cris <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:15:48 +0200

Vivek wrote:

> I need to buy ORACLE 9i for my client, my question is
> How can I calculate that how many user licence of ORACLE I need to order for it?
> I mean what are the factor on which I can make the calculations?

AFAIK, you have to count the "named users", i.e. the number of different persons that will access the database (directly or through an application).

If NAMED_USERS_COUNT > 50 a per-processor license will cost you less $$$ than a named users license.

--
Cris (cris119_at_operamail.com)
"Ubi solitudidem faciunt, pacem appellant"