ORA-01034 error during database creation

From: Chloe Crowder <chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:14:40 +0100

Having installed 8.1.7 on Solaris I attempted to create a database using DCA. This started creating the database and then gave:- ORA-01034: ORACLE not available.

Looking in /data/Ora8i/admin/ilsmast/create I found a log file and script. I assume the script is what was created and the log file the result. The script starts off:-

#!/bin/sh
ORACLE_SID=ilsmast
export ORACLE_SID

/data/Ora8i/bin/svrmgrl << EOF
spool /data/Ora8i/admin/ilsmast/create/crdb2.log connect internal
@/data/Ora8i/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql;

REM ********** ALTER SYSTEM TABLESPACE ********* ALTER TABLESPACE SYSTEM
DEFAULT STORAGE ( INITIAL 64K NEXT 64K MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED PCTINCR
EASE 50);
ALTER TABLESPACE SYSTEM
MINIMUM EXTENT 64K; and the log file:-

Connected.
create or replace
*

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
create or replace
*

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
grant execute on STANDARD to public
*

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
create or replace view v_$dlm_misc as select * from v$dlm_misc

The documentation on the error message implies that there should be other error messages to help identify the cause, but no. Can anyone offer any insight?

Chloe Crowder Received on Mon Mar 31 2003 - 07:14:40 CST