Re: DBMS_PIPE.SEND_MESSAGE

From: Thomas Gaines <Thomas.Gaines_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:55:59 -0700

Donna -

You don't mention an Oracle version, and the implementation of dbms_pipe between versions may not even have changed, but my spec for this function (my version if 8.1.7) says this:

DBMS_PIPE.SEND_MESSAGE (

    pipename     IN VARCHAR2,
    timeout      IN INTEGER DEFAULT MAXWAIT,
    maxpipesize IN INTEGER DEFAULT 8192)   RETURN INTEGER; Thus, what you're actually modifying is the timeout for the pipe, and not the maxpipesize.

I don't have a great deal of experience with pipes, but I'm fairly familiar with them, and I've gotten them to perform quite well for me. Contact me personally if there are some minor issues that I can address.

Thanks,
TG