Re: DBMS_PIPE.SEND_MESSAGE

From: Donna <dhoffman0917_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2003 19:33:15 -0800

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for responding. Sorry for omitting some details. Oracle 8.1.7.2
Sun Solaris 8

You are absolutely right about the documentation reporting three parameters but I can only get the create_pipe or send_pipe to accept two parameters. Then when I check the maxpipesize before and after it does change the size the first time but not the size I specified.

I am sure I am doing something wrong but not sure what. I will try it more with the three parameters again. Also, I am having problems getting it to create the pipe as 'public' even though I specify 'false' for public. Is this wrong? It seems I am getting errors where ever default values are allowed.

One other detail, I am using
"select" to call this function. It is just a one-time update to correct a bug.

>select dbms_pipe.send_message('testpipe',8192,51894) from dual;

(This is the actual command and seems to execute but only with 2 parameters)

This is my first experience with modifying pipes so forgive my lack of knowledge.

Thanks for your assistance. Received on Thu Mar 06 2003 - 21:33:15 CST