DBMS_PIPE.SEND_MESSAGE

From: Donna <dhoffman0917_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2003 14:58:48 -0800

How do you change dbms_pipes using send_message function to increase the maxpipesize to a specific size. Documentation reflects that the maxpipesize is in bytes but when I use the following syntax the size increases but not to what I specificied. For example,

select dbms_pipe.send_message('testpipe',51984) from dual

changes the size to "1101" instead of "51984"??

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance
Donna Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 16:58:48 CST