error when logging in to server

From: Dwayne <trifaceted_at_aol.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 23:47:05 -0800

Hellllllllp!!!!!!!!
thanks to all who took time out to read my problem. I am trying to log onto Oracle
and I am getting the following message. what do I do to get it fixed and allowing the system to proceed with its processes? Is there a process in particular that I need to start?

here is the error message: ora-12560 TNS:protocol adapter error

--is there a way for me to start up a process with out restarting the whole system?-- Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 01:47:05 CST