Re: error when logging in to server

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:50:07 -0800

Dwayne wrote:

> Hellllllllp!!!!!!!!
> thanks to all who took time out to read my problem. I am trying to
> log onto Oracle
> and I am getting the following message. what do I do to get it fixed
> and allowing the system to proceed with its processes? Is there a
> process in particular that I need to start?
>
> here is the error message: ora-12560 TNS:protocol adapter error
>
> --is there a way for me to start up a process with out restarting the
> whole system?--

From metalink:

This is a high level error just reporting an error occurred in the actual

 transport layer. Look at the next error down the stack and process that. To get
 the error stack a SQL*Net trace should be obtained, the Note 39774.1 helps to
 do that. Once you have the trace, you can determine really which error you are
 getting. The Note 39662.1 shows the SQL*Net components that takes part in a
 connection process.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 10:50:07 CST