Re: error when logging in to server

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2003 09:55:13 -0800

Server Hardware and Database Version info would be helpful here.

First, is your listener running for the DB? Next, does the port specified in the listener.ora conicide with that in your tnsnames.ora file?

Lastly, check your tnsnames.ora file, specifically, check to see what protocol is listed. tcp?, then go to $ORACLE_HOME/bin and execute 'adapters' to see what protocols are installed. If the protocol listed in the tnsnames.ora file is not listed when you run 'adapters', either change your tnsnames.ora file or load the adapter stuff.

HTH,
Pete's