Re: DBA-Developer or DBA-Sys admin : which is better combination ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:03:48 +0100

On 24 Feb 2003 04:22:45 -0800, pramod_at_rtimes.com (Pramod Ramachandran) wrote:

>Do anyone want to comment on this ? What would be best combination of
>skills for me ?

Most organizations in the Netherlands I know have Chinese Walls between DBA and Developers, with developers looking down on DBAs because they are only good enough for backup and recovery. And YES: that is definitely a STUPID view, because the DBA will end up with all kinds of crap developed by people who can hardly spell the word 'Oracle'

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Feb 24 2003 - 12:03:48 CST